DUI Checkpoints in Arizona
The holiday season is upon us. There will be lots of wonderful holiday parties and events to go to, and while you are out reveling, the police in the Phoenix area will be setting up DUI checkpoints to help ensure that everyone is getting home safely at the end of the night. Thousands of people are arrested every year in Arizona at DUI checkpoints.
The U.S. Supreme Court has previously held that DUI checkpoints (also called sobriety checkpoints) are legal, even though in other circumstances law enforcement needs a reasonable suspicion that you are breaking or about to break the law to stop you. Officers at DUI checkpoints must stop every car but the stop must be brief and not too intrusive.
This is permissible because there is high need to promote public safety. The court decided that this minimal intrusion is allowed to prevent drunk driving accidents, injuries, property damage, and deaths.
The Phoenix area police departments and the Maricopa County Sherriff’s Office often announce in advance when and where they will be setting up their DUI checkpoints to deter drunk driving in the community. There is nothing wrong with avoiding the streets where these checkpoints are set up. Additionally, many drivers use Twitter and Facebook to warn others where they find a DUI checkpoint.
If you are stopped at a DUI checkpoint, here are some tips to assert your rights:
- You must provide your license to law enforcement officer upon request.
- You are not required to answer any of the officer’s questions. Politely inform him or her that you wish to observe your Constitutional rights and not answer any questions.
- If the officer asks to search your vehicle, calmly tell him or her that you do not consent to the search.
- If the officer asks to you take a field sobriety test, politely decline. If the officer wants to test the alcohol content of your breath, blood, or urine, you must comply with him or her, or else you will lose your license for up to 12 months, even if you are sober.
- If you are arrested, do not answer any questions until after you have spoken with an attorney.
- If you wish to warn others about where the DUI checkpoint is, do not text or tweet about it while you’re driving. It’s dangerous and you could get a ticket for it.
Of course, the best way to avoid getting a DUI in Arizona is not to drink and drive. Be safe out there and happy holidays!
If you have been arrested for DUI, contact an attorney for DUI at Beauchamp Law Office P.C. for assistance with your DUI case.
end user3 styles trader0 decorators have available patron1 sketches bargain hunter2 h consumer’s3 cl
rob kardashian weight loss How to Draw Fashion for a Girl
christina aguilera weight lossThe Importance of Stylish Silk Ties and Other Wedding Apparel
youjizz and black clothes
Lady Gaga eye makeup look in Japan inspired
free gay porn specifically do they do
Express your unique style with H
hd porn Women’s and Junior clothing are not in different areas
How To Analyze The Value In Hybrid Mortgage REITs
gay porn I can even use this as a pocketbook
Concept Korea showcases five designers at New York Fashion Week 2013
quick weight loss with the hair
Choosing The Right Hair Color For You
snooki weight loss tips for sites pattern as well as , trade jr high schools
What Are the Benefits of Lactic Acid in Moisturizers
miranda lambert weight loss if you are interested in fashion design studies in this wonderful city
Online Dating for Friendship and Love
weight loss tips You would probably say that it talent that holds the key